Saturday, January 23, 2016

Introduction

Hi my name is Joe and I wanted to start a blog to talk about my experiences with my Wicca. I am brand new to most of the practice however I have done a little work here and there and have read many articles both widely published and personal anecdotes through out the internet over the years. I first sought the practice when I was 22. I started by purchasing a few books and read through them to educate myself on what I was getting into. I have always felt spiritual and I have on many occasions witnessed things that were "Magical". After my divorce I fell into a slump like many other people do. I took up drinking to pass the time and to get through my life with a lesser sense of pain. I turned once again to Wicca, this time with the belief that I was going to go full board and make it my religion. I actually practiced a spell that day and much to my surprise and delight I found that it worked! My life started to change and I felt better every day. As the days went on and I started to get my act together I started to realize that this was real and not just another interesting concept. I stopped drinking and started exercising and ended up in a really great job that I enjoyed for the most part. I then started to concentrate on my life and put the idea of religion on a back burner once again. I am just now starting to live my life the way I want it to be lived and not the way others want it to be lived.
My father passed about 2 years ago from esophageal cancer and a year later my mother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Two tragic events to happen to the family and in such a short time to make it even more compact. I moved in with my mother to help take care of her for about 6 months. During this time I took the opportunity to come out of the closet and find the love of my life which I now live with and spend many precious and wonderful days with. The perfect guy to be sure! We share the same interests in video games, card games, movies and TV shows, eating good food and a general knack for nerdism. As fate would have it we also have the same beliefs in the power of Wicca. I feel more a new comer to the religion however I have non the less believed in it for many many years.
This blog will be my journey into Wicca and I would love to share it with my friends and those of you interested in reading it. I will be posting spells I find interesting and that I attempt to use and there outcomes. I will share my visions with any deity I come in contact with and if they are willing give a detailed story about that experience. I would welcome any questions (if they are appropriate in nature) and would love to hear any experiences that anyone out there reading this has had as well. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you via this blog and will see you soon!

Sincerely,
Joseph    

No comments:

Post a Comment