Saturday, January 23, 2016

My First Spell

When I started out in Wicca during my divorce I found a spell that interested me and I thought "let's give it a try" and it worked! I was depressed every single day and was working a dead end crappy job at a gas station. The environment of the job was not helping matters as it was in a bad neighborhood and I constantly dealt with idiots who had nothing better to do then make someone else life miserable. To top it all off I even started smoking pot with one of the guys I worked with. Taking a step back one day I looked at my life and said "I have to do something" and this spell I am about to share with you is what I did!
I gathered a pen and piece of paper as well as a white candle and some incense (you could use whatever helps you get in the mood but I used sandal wood). I blessed all the items by placing them on the table and putting my hand over top of them and uttering "I bless this item I am about to use". I then drew my circle with my staff and asked the god and goddess to be with me this night. I then sat comfortably near the table on the floor. I took the pen and paper and started to write out all the things in my life that were dragging me down and ruining me. Some examples were: I drink to much, I have a horrible job, my divorce is depressing me, I feel like a failure and so on. After I filled the paper with all the negative things in my life I folded it up neatly and wrote my name (full name) on the back. I then proceeded to place the paper under the candle burner and lite the white candle and said "Please seal all the negative in my life into this paper with the wax of this candle" and let the candle burn down into nothing but wax globs. The following day I placed the wax and the paper in a zip lock bag and put it away in a box for later I would complete the spell.
Later on that year I had the opportunity to stay in a yurt out in Colorado for a long weekend. I took this opportunity for several reasons. One of which was to complete the spell that I had started a few months back. I hiked up a 26k mountain while I was out there to the summit that had a lake at the top by the name of Emerald lake. Once I had made my way to Emerald lake I stopped and dropped my pack and sat there for about 20 minutes soaking in the scenery. I then took my spade from my pack and proceeded to dig a hole about 2 feet in diameter and about 1 foot deep. I placed the bag holding the paper and wax into the hole and covered it up with the parting words "may all the negative in my life be buried with this paper, so shale it be" and then after burying the bag I packed up and headed back to my yurt.
I stopped drinking a few days later due to the fact that I got very sick and could not stand the taste of the Jameson whiskey I was ingesting on a regular basis. I never went back to the bottle after that and never felt a need or want to. To this very day I hardly ever drink and when I do I rarely enjoy it. On top of that no more then a few weeks later and I got a call back for a job that would come to be one of the best jobs I have ever had. I started eating healthier and after I was in the job for about 4 months I started going to the gym and working out. I felt great and I was in the best shape of my life, I was under my high school weight and was starting to get looks. I was for all intensive purposes on top of the world and loved every moment of it.
In my eyes that spell not only worked but it was a little bit of magik that was missing in my life and needed to be brought back badly. I find myself missing that magik now and am looking for it again. This time I hope to follow the path for as long as I remain on this planet and if I am lucky that will be a very long time.

Your pal,
Joseph   

No comments:

Post a Comment